CMANO Gameplay question

Started by Con, February 20, 2017, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

Playing the Cold War Scenarios in CMANO Northern Inferno and I have a question about how to prevent a gameplay mechanic.

I have P3 Orions doing Maritime Surveillance.  They do a great job flying to the unknown surface contacts in their patrol areas.  The problem is when they start flying towards an unknown contact and while it is still a bogey or unobserved the surface contacts start lighting up the P3 with SAMs.

Now for me that enough to mark the contact as hostile but nothing I can seem to do dissuades my precious P3s to disengage and beat feet out of there.  The pilots are just suicidally determined to evade the SAMs and try to eyeball the guys blasting missiles at them.  I have tried cancelling the mission, dropping contacts etc and sending RTB commands to them but somehow I must be missing a setting somewhere on the doctrine.  They (P3s) do try and evade the missiles but they dont figure out that they will get blotted from the sky if they persist in still trying to identify this contact.

Is there a way to get them to drop the contact and just head home?  I have lost three P3s to this behavior.

Thanks for any help and didnt want to disrupt the dongle fest that the original Command thread has become

Con

Kushan

A patrol style mission is always going to try and close to attack. Only way I know around this would be to hit "u" to unassign them from the mission. From there you can either order them to return to base o  micro them away, once clear of the target and its marked hostile reassign them to the mission. They may still close to attack depending on the patrol mission type. Could be another way around. Only missions I normally use is support missions for AEW and Refueling and Air-to-Air patrol and intercept.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RyanE

There are bunches of ways to do this.  The most complex would be use Lua to create a no fly zone around the target as soon as its declared hostile.  The simplest, and needing the most micromanagement is as stated above, unassign the P-3 and fly it away.  And their are some options in between.  I would suggest posting on the Matrix forum.  There are hopefully Command players smarter than me over there.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: RyanE on February 21, 2017, 06:53:27 AM
I would suggest posting on the Matrix forum.  There are hopefully Command players smarter than me over there.

There are players smarter than you over here too.  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2017, 07:04:14 AM
Quote from: RyanE on February 21, 2017, 06:53:27 AM
I would suggest posting on the Matrix forum.  There are hopefully Command players smarter than me over there.

There are players smarter than you over here too.  :crazy2:

Hell, there are 8 yr old kids smrter than me.
Insert witty comment here.

mikeck

You can just draw a Patrol square (as opposed to a point)  and then Un-click  The selection box for "investigate contacts out of control area"  then the aircraft will stay within the designated area.

Otherwise you can  find the box that says something like "stays on designated course when attacking target."  Uncheck the box or whatever. In essence the option says "this plan will go exactly where I tell it to regardless if it wants to attack something or not
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Kushan

Another way that might work, is to draw an reference point box over the hostile unit. Make them so they move with the target. Then use those RPs to create a no-fly or no-navigation zone. The only issue I can see with this is if you lose contact. The RPs might still move (effectively giving away the units location) or they could stop moving and become detached.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play