Its ten to FRIDAY moving fast

Started by undercovergeek, February 17, 2017, 03:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Unknown what my schedule with the Bro is this weekend, starting after work today, which will affect my gaming. Should still be fun, though.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Dammit Carl!

Not sure what I'll do, but I've been spending time on Day of Infamy a bit, so I'll keep on trucking there. See if I can wrangle the Iron Front mod for Arma 3 too.

Nefaro

Think it's about BRRRRRRRT time with the A-10C.

... mixed with the occasional SEAD in a Su-25T. 

:coolsmiley:

Gusington

^That gif moistens my loins.

I will be playing Soviet Corps for sure and perhaps some Battle Academy 2, Sniper Elite III and Hearts of Iron IV.

Wonder what kind of truck JH is getting...

...BC when I was in the UK in 2003 I watched a Beefeater at the Tower of London almost have an aneurysm because a ten year old kid was wearing an Arsenal jersey. 15 seconds later another Beefeater came over to the same kid and pat him on the head and say 'good lad.'

So...be careful what you purchase :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2017, 04:14:45 PM

Wonder what kind of truck JH is getting...

Just another Durango. Nothing too crazy. Comes with no stock weaponry.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 17, 2017, 06:43:49 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 17, 2017, 06:30:42 AM
Don't go to the wrong place with the wrong one!!

True. *If* I buy one, it'll probably be one of the Celtic FC ones, at the airport, on my way out of the country. Unless you have a better suggestion...?

I've learned there are two things you do not discuss with locals - one is politics, the other is football.

Well, they're slightly inter-twined in Glasgow.

Gusington

No stock weaponry?? Not even a flamethrower?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

By the way I just tried out Hearts of Iron IV for a few minutes and my head exploded. Damn is there a lot of stuff to do. And that's just the tutorial :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

There's your accessible Paradox game for you...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

Yeah I was waiting for some guidance...maybe a pop window...it never came.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Another set of gaming oddities: so I played the Winter War scenario in Soviet Corps last night, captured more than one objective, and lost, after the game intro told me that all I needed to win was to capture just one objective, any objective.

Then this evening I played the Soviet Invasion of Poland scenario and after only capturing 3 of 6 listed objectives, I was handed a Soviet Victory.

Has anyone played Soviet Corps lately and run into these "bugs"? I can't explain it any other way unless I won the 2nd scenario by destroying a certain amount of units - but that was never put forward as an objective...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I'm on a Pillars of Eternity binge where I think I'm at the final stage of the White March. And, damn is it tough! But fun. Here's a screenie of probably the worst water outside of Flint, Mich.  :wow:

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

Hey now, Flint is my home town!

Got out in '86. Only gone back a handful of times since ...
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Nefaro

Did some multi-player, including SEAD in the Su-25T, on Friday.

Eventually scored a few SAMs in the smoky target area seen through the front left windscreen.  Then a grunt with a MANPAD managed to shoot me down when I got closer to scan for other targets.  Forgot to turn on the IR Jammer.   #:-)

Was doing poorly in fighters until a Saturday afternoon flight.  Then it turned around with two Mirage kills in a row (in the Su-27  :smitten: ) and a successful RTB from the missile-rich hot zone.  Damn fun but I'm pretty rusty on my BVR jousting, even after only a few months of being away.  Especially when there is SPAMRAAM coming at me.  :buck2:

Sir Slash

Sorry Ubercat. I should've said "Flint, Mich. The town with bad water but great people"? BTW The water's not too great where I live either.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.