Its ten to FRIDAY moving fast

Started by undercovergeek, February 17, 2017, 03:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Tuna on February 17, 2017, 07:04:12 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 17, 2017, 06:58:27 AM

I'm downloading stuff off of Netflix and got some movies too - Airplane, Liar Liar, Guardians of the Galaxy, Run Silent Run Deep, Serenity, The Force Awakens, and Star Trek (2009). Almost got Star Trek The Motion Picture too.

You can cache stuff on Netflix now?

Not everything, but it seems about 90% of the content can be downloaded to mobile devices (I'm downloading stuff to my iPad), so you can watch it offline. I don't see it as an option off of the PC, but there's a download link with most shows on my iPad.

mirth

If you have Star Trek: TMP, you should be able to sleep on the flight.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on February 17, 2017, 07:27:17 AM

Exactly. I don't sleep well on planes, if at all.

Nefaro

A little DCS multi-player.

Maybe some World of Warships.  Big maybe.

mirth

Minis gaming tomorrow - Battle of Dogger Bank.

Need to get back into Witcher 3.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on February 17, 2017, 07:27:17 AM
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

PBEM Labyrinth with SDR... still flailing about chasing him all over the board.
PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns: Reforged with OJsDad... very large battle under way... with persistent chemical attacks and Warthogs!

Just bought GMT's Grand Prix... so have that on the table and playing it solo to learn the rules.

Shopping for a new snowblower as my current 35 yr old Toro now only runs for about 10 minutes before dying....   :pullhair:

bbmike

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 17, 2017, 06:43:49 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 17, 2017, 06:30:42 AM
Don't go to the wrong place with the wrong one!!

True. *If* I buy one, it'll probably be one of the Celtic FC ones, at the airport, on my way out of the country. Unless you have a better suggestion...?

I've learned there are two things you do not discuss with locals - one is politics, the other is football.

I would have thought JudgeDredd would have been by to point you in the right direction by now.  ???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jamus34

Quote from: Barthheart on February 17, 2017, 08:41:10 AM
PBEM Labyrinth with SDR... still flailing about chasing him all over the board.
PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns: Reforged with OJsDad... very large battle under way... with persistent chemical attacks and Warthogs!

Just bought GMT's Grand Prix... so have that on the table and playing it solo to learn the rules.

Shopping for a new snowblower as my current 35 yr old Toro now only runs for about 10 minutes before dying....   :pullhair:
If you got 35 years on a snow blower you have nothing to complain about there. I just had to replace my 3 yr old boilermate because it started leaking. F U Amtrols.

Gaming wise looking to get some EU4 action, Dom 4, tales of Zestiria for my jrpg fix, and cap it with some Witcher 3 / Path of exile/ Grim Dawn
Insert witty comment here.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on February 17, 2017, 08:12:54 AM
A little DCS multi-player.

Maybe some World of Warships.  Big maybe.

Aww come on, we can't leave 2nd high and dry!

Cyrano

1.  Writing
2.  Deathwing -- if they don't release the flamethrower from BETA soon my son is going to explode.
3.  JTS Jena-Auerstadt...damn Prussians are running from me like dogs.  Problem is that I know why, viz.:  they won't honor history and fight me in small groups.
4.  Finishing the stickering for Epic Austerlitz using C&C:N.
5.  Calculating opening moves for October 14 on the Jena VdL KS.
6.  CS, CS:ME, and CMx2 PBEM

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bbmike on February 17, 2017, 08:45:51 AM

True. *If* I buy one, it'll probably be one of the Celtic FC ones, at the airport, on my way out of the country. Unless you have a better suggestion...?

I've learned there are two things you do not discuss with locals - one is politics, the other is football.

I would have thought JudgeDredd would have been by to point you in the right direction by now.  ???

Surprisingly, no. I don't think he's been around for a while.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 17, 2017, 10:31:47 AM
Quote from: bbmike on February 17, 2017, 08:45:51 AM

Surprisingly, no. I don't think he's been around for a while.

He hasn't posted in a few weeks. Hope he's doing okay.

HoodedHorseJoe

I'm going away on holiday on Saturday - going Skiing in Andorra.

I've been playing Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy this week as research and I've really enjoyed it. It shows its limitations quite easily but It's also easy to fall in love with the game. Can't wait for the studio's next project, and I love for them to take this concept and go all-out with it. Really feels like a videogame version of Star Wars: Armada, and I really do think you could go full digital table-top game with it.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.