Main Menu

Sniper Elite 4!

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 07, 2016, 07:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I can confirm that Italians are, in fact, in Sniper Elite 3. This is logical since the Italian Army played a fairly large role in the North African campaign.

I have not come across Italians in SE4 yet. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

So far I am liking the openness of the missions....I am still on the first one and have been coming from many different angles.  Still a lot more to do.

Gusington

I understand that the Wehrmacht basically controlled Italy until the end of 1943 but to not encounter Italian troops...IN ITALY...makes my brain hurt.

But this is a good thing that the player can encounter them in #3. If I like #2 (should be able to try it out in the next few days) then I will get #3, on sale of course.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 14, 2017, 06:19:09 PM
Got some time with it tonight....still way early, but generally feels the same as past versions.  Although in first mission, feels like its one man against an entire German army:)  But still loads of fun for me.

To further this, I am only partly way through the 1st level and I already have 59 kills......my sniper is the most feared soldier in the war!  Lot of different kill methods....quite a few double kills with a single shot, blowing them up by hitting fuel or a truck, dropping a crane on people's heads, new melee animations, etc.....death comes in many ways.

JasonPratt

Incidentally, I think Medal of Honor: Breakthrough involved fighting at least a few Italians in the latter part of the campaign. (Unlike the other MoHons, that expansion's campaign was extremely focused with lots of continuity between chapters. The first several chapters, set in North Africa, dealt with the Afrika Korps and was set after the Italians had folded I think.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

JasonPratt

"...which leaves you shooting so many spooky skeletons, you'll think you're playing Wolfenstein the Nazi Zombie Trilogy!"

Man, that was some low hanging fruit they missed by a mile...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Really been hooked on this for last couple of days, brings back memories from Sniper Elite 2.  The openness of the environment allows for many different approaches where you really need to think things through.  The maps have been interesting and I like all the side quests that come with it.  It takes me 1-2 hours per mission and I have attempted to complete all the goals.  I wish I could be a little more stealth but there are SSSOOO many enemies on the map, I find it nearly impossible unless you show great patience and can isolate people.  Just way too tempting to open up on them with guns a blazing:)

So when does Sniper Elite 5 come out:)  Maybe time for the Pacific?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

So about 9 hrs in....37% campaign completed, and over 400+ kills......

Gusington

How many missions complete?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on February 20, 2017, 02:37:07 PM
How many missions complete?

I think 4.....and I believe there are a total of 10.  I am averaging around 2 hours per mission since there are side missions to complete as well.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Completed the full game today...only the second game I have ever fully completed and the first one was sniper 2.

Was puzzled however...my service record said I was only 72% completed with the campaign, even though I completed all missions and side quests.  There was a total of eight missions and took me around 18 hours.

Bring on Sniper 5!  Maybe Pacific or something like that.