Sovereignty: Crown of Kings enters Early Access

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 31, 2015, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

we've got an interview with the team coming up in a few weeks :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Rayfer on February 07, 2017, 07:49:18 AM

By "unstable", do you mean crashes to desktop, freeze ups...that sort of thing?

Yes, although it's very inconsistent right now - out of all the games writers who got review copies, only a handful experienced bad crashes (including us), but the devs couldn't figure out why. I decided to delay the review a bit to see if this was a widespread thing, and it doesn't appear to be based on what's being reported. Yeah, some people are reporting crashes, but it's not an epidemic.

Very puzzling, and very annoying when your experience isn't representative of the general state of the game. It's unstable, but how much I can't really say. New patch is dropping soon though that's supposed to fix a lot of things.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

mikeck

There is also quite an annoying issue particularly with laptops. Apparently if you have 2 video cards; an onboard and then an installed card, it will use the onboard card so you must disable it. If not, the map is black. I, and others, have a laptop that only has the onboard card so I cannot play it at all. Apparently it is not easily fixable but is being looked into.

On my desktop however, I have played it for awhile and not had any problems.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

There's a review over at the Wargamer that echo's what WargamerJoe says. Still might be great with some little fixes.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 07, 2017, 10:05:29 AM
There's a review over at the Wargamer that echo's what WargamerJoe says. Still might be great with some little fixes.

Was it written by Joe?

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: FlickJax on February 07, 2017, 11:45:39 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on February 07, 2017, 10:05:29 AM

Was it written by Joe?

It wasn't ;) but I've been playing the game a little as well to keep on top of things.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Tpek

They seem to have fixed the issue with the AI being freakishly over aggressive (yay!).

I've played Icespire for hours, until I came upon a CTD (was at war with Vessoi, and went to the diplomacy screen to make peace with them).

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Very interesting. I might give this game a second look indeed.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

RedArgo

So I'm on vacation inside watching the rain from TS Gordon with my crappy laptop (Intel graphics, not a dedicated GPU) and I thought I'd give this a go, since I never really tried it before.  I made it far enough in two games to get in large tactical battles and both times I had CTD.  From reading on the Steam forums, it seems CTD are still an issue for others too.  Have any of you had luck getting this to be stable long term? Is it worth putting more time on this, or should I just move on?

I may move on to Battlestar Galactica Deadlock if my computer can handle it.

joram

I never had CTD issues with Soverignty however with Battlestar I could never get past the intro movie.  So good luck with that!

MetalDog

I recently spent ~ 20 hours on this again.  I do not play the tactical battles, so my experience may be atypical.  I did get a CTD playing as the Dwarves after a fair amount of turns.  I do not remember the specifics, but, I seem to remember it happened during battle resolution.  Or right after.  I played Aevinwode for quite some time.  Auto resolved every battle and crushed it.  I stopped playing when it became too much of a slog.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

joram

Hmm, I can spell but can't seem to type on my phone!