Main Menu

Mad FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 10, 2019, 05:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: al_infierno on May 10, 2019, 01:26:24 PM
Just played Squad for the first time the other day and I loved it -- it's like Arma, but it actually runs above 25 fps!  It really fills the void left by the disappointment that was Insurgency: Sandstorm.

Some of the vids showing the new bells-and-whistles of Squad makes it real impressive for sure.

Gusington

There's new DLC coming for FoG2??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

WOLVES AT THE GATES  :D

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Just played Squad for the first time the other day and I loved it -- it's like Arma, but it actually runs above 25 fps!  It really fills the void left by the disappointment that was Insurgency: Sandstorm.

But still no single-player content in the least?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Quote from: Geezer on May 10, 2019, 12:02:46 PM
Edit - And no it's not a computer wargame so it's probably off topic in this forum.

First, this is the weekend thread so it doesn't matter what type of game.

Second, it's on TTS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900581512

So it can count as a computer game.  :D :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 10, 2019, 06:27:36 AM
^sounds like fun. The PBEMing, I mean.

Some DCS, some World of Warships...and that might be about it.

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 10, 2019, 02:20:31 PM

But still no single-player content in the least?

For Sandstorm?  Nope, still MIA, and Ambush is MIA as well (I didn't care too much for that game mode though tbh).

I was hoping the single-player would turn out to be cool, especially if it had an old school Rainbow Six 3 style squad management system with permadeath.   :dreamer:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 10, 2019, 10:53:18 PM
^no...for Squad.

Correct, no singleplayer content in Squad.  As far as I can tell, the only thing on their roadmap is the Battlefield-esque game mode.

Between the editor and the DLCs, Arma definitely has all other shooters beat in terms of single-player replayability.  I picked up GM as well but havent gotten around to reinstalling Arma....
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Anguille

Great song!

Quote from: W8taminute on May 10, 2019, 07:32:17 AM
I'll be playing a mod for Civ III Conquests, some Pax Nova, and probably Uboat.  Other than that I'll be spending time with family over the Mother's Day weekend.

Funny, i am playing the rise of Rome scenario in CIV III Conquests with Carthage....also continue my Spartan campaign

devoncop

More Imperator Rome Spartan Campaign for me which I am actually enjoying in contrast to most others  :)

Also eagerly devouring the Dastactic You Tube series on Field of Glory Empires as Carthage doing a specific challenge but doing a detailed explanation of the games amazingly unique mechanics.....roll on June for the expected release !
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Huw the Poo

I've been really getting into Ghost Recon: Wildlands after my disastrous multiplayer session.  The AI teammates are actually pretty decent.  A lot of effort has gone into the game and it's full of nice little touches.  Very immersive, fun, and satisfying to play.

Tonight it's my gaming group night, and we've decided to play the classic Sins of a Solar Empire.  4v4 vs AI has been suggested, but we will probably do 3 vs Richard because Richard is a bellend.  Sins is possibly my all time favourite game so I'm particularly excited about this one!

Besides that, I'm tinkering with Ashes of the Singularity.  It doesn't seem particularly special, but I'm playing it just because my old PC wouldn't run it very well. :D

Hofstadter

Worked 9 hours today..

End me.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Jarhead0331

^A whole 9 hours? You Brits really are soft.  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Hofstadter