How to find cheap used books

Started by Toonces, February 06, 2019, 08:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I know, this seems like it should be obvious and intuitive but I having trouble figuring out just how to search for them.

Specifically at this moment, I'm looking for vintage, older marine biology and marine science books, like old stuff from Jacques Cousteau or old early edition text books.  But I can't seem to put the right things in search engines.  I'm looking for those books that are a dollar or two...

Any ideas?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

If Amazon fails me I use Google Shopping. You can also search for book dealers in your area and maybe libraries that are having fund raisers. Because I live so close to USMA, my local library has some real treasures that I have picked up for pennies and almost felt guilty about it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

^I used to use that...wow forgot all about it!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

You never heard of Alibris?? Lordy Lord.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Alibris was the source of most of my aviation history collection.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bobarossa