Navy SEAL museum breaks ground

Started by steve58, November 19, 2018, 12:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

:clap:
A museum honoring Navy SEALs -- named after a Medal of Honor recipient whose heroics were chronicled in the film "Lone Survivor" -- is now a step closer to becoming a reality.

Loved ones of the late Lt. Michael P. Murphy and elected officials broke ground Friday at a site in New York where a 10,000-square-foot building is expected to open by next November. The future Lt. Michael P. Murphy Navy SEAL Museum in West Sayville on Long Island will be the first of its kind in the northeast, according to FOX5NY.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/navy-seal-museum-named-after-medal-of-honor-recipient-inches-closer-to-opening

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

That's great! When I saw "breaks ground" in the title I got the wrong idea. I'm glad that it was meant literally.  :)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell