US Space Force Recruiting Video!

Started by Jarhead0331, August 20, 2018, 11:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

...or, trailer for the upcoming Space Hulk: Tactics. Due out October 9th.

Should be very interesting playing as the Genestealers...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Back to turn-based Space Hulk, the way God and Nature (and maybe the Emperor) intended! (...I mean, I wouldn't have minded a proper update to the original Doom-era SH adaptation from Electronic Arts, which pretty faithfully married board-game rules with real-time fps, but I doubt we'll ever see that.)

The map editor (at freaking last) is the big selling point for me here. Finally integrating proper two-player mechanics is no small jump forward either.

Next up, maybe they'll finally start implementing the other factions than Marines and 'Nids....  :dreamer:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 20, 2018, 12:04:34 PM

Next up, maybe they'll finally start implementing the other factions than Marines and 'Nids....  :dreamer:

In Space Hulk? Didn't think there were any others in the classic board game. Although, it would certainly be cool to run into pirates, dark eldar, orks, chaos denizens, etc.

Di you play Ascension? It was pretty good too...still on my HD.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

I really, really, really wanted to like Ascension, but I never got very far in any of the campaigns. Too squinty to see properly I guess? I dunno. I try again every once in a while.

I still bought all the DLC, naturally.  ::)

QuoteIn Space Hulk? Didn't think there were any others in the classic board game. Although, it would certainly be cool to run into pirates, dark eldar, orks, chaos denizens, etc.

There were semi-official fan expansions, blessed by being promoted and provided in the GW magazine, which provided rule variations for every faction available at the time. I forget which version of SH that was -- one of the early ones, where there were multiple levels on the maps and other archaic rules that I haven't seen implemented in a computer conversion yet.

I'll see if I can find a pdf for the extra faction rules; it's on at least two of my computers somewhere (because I thought a friend of mine would want to play SH if the Necrons were a team).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!