Steam Summer Sale 2018...

Started by steve58, June 12, 2018, 11:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on June 24, 2018, 02:23:11 PM
I have been experiencing the same issue; I suspect its just overload as usual with Steam at times like this.

The site has been flukey since the sale started. Which is par for the course during sales.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MC

Quote from: Tuna on June 24, 2018, 02:42:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 24, 2018, 08:27:04 AM
Never even heard of Putt Putt.

My boys first computer games, along with Freddie the Fish and Pajama Sam.

Same with my daughter. I also have to add Fatty Bear and Reader Rabbit to the list. Gotta start them early.

mirth

Quote from: MC on June 24, 2018, 04:07:41 PM
Quote from: Tuna on June 24, 2018, 02:42:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 24, 2018, 08:27:04 AM
Never even heard of Putt Putt.

My boys first computer games, along with Freddie the Fish and Pajama Sam.

Same with my daughter. I also have to add Fatty Bear and Reader Rabbit to the list. Gotta start them early.

What the hell is happening here?!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on June 23, 2018, 04:28:27 PM
^The NovaLogic Everything Pack is currently $13.99US so I grabbed it.

Just curious, any of those games work with controllers or too old school for that?  I know you can buy software that tries to make it work, but was just curious if any happened to have native support.  The game pack is impressive, but without using a controller, going back to keyboard likely will kill me:)

bob48

I'm a bit tempted by 'Darkest Dungeon'
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Philippe

I've played Darkest Dungeon on and off for the past few weeks and have no regrets about getting owning it.  I don't usually tolerate side-scrollers, but what makes this game fun is the campy Lovecraftian tone.  The voice-acting is delightfully overblown, and the game has its tongue planted firmly in its cheek.  Or something like that.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Wburn

Tank Warfare Tunisia is only 7.99, well worth it IMO.

airboy

Quote from: Philippe on June 24, 2018, 05:48:51 PM
I've played Darkest Dungeon on and off for the past few weeks and have no regrets about getting owning it.  I don't usually tolerate side-scrollers, but what makes this game fun is the campy Lovecraftian tone.  The voice-acting is delightfully overblown, and the game has its tongue planted firmly in its cheek.  Or something like that.

They did an update this month that generated a ton of negative reviews.  What is up with that?

steve58

Added Cold Waters to my short list.  Here's hoping my old PC can handle it...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bob48

Quote from: airboy on June 24, 2018, 10:20:30 PM
Quote from: Philippe on June 24, 2018, 05:48:51 PM

They did an update this month that generated a ton of negative reviews.  What is up with that?

Yeah, saw that and its quite put me off now.

'Clip those corners'

mirth

Quote from: steve58 on June 26, 2018, 03:22:23 PM
Added Cold Waters to my short list.  Here's hoping my old PC can handle it...

It isn't really all that resource intensive. You may have to run it a lower res, but it should run okay. I play on an 8-9 year old Macbook and it's fine.

Sir Slash

I have to stay out of Cold Water. It makes me shrink-up.  :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 26, 2018, 09:39:44 PM
I have to stay out of Cold Water. It makes me shrink-up.  :-[

don't blame it entirely on the Cold Water

Destraex

What;s the difference between graviteam tactics and tank warfare?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

bob48

Well, I finally weakened and got Darkest Dungeon.

'Clip those corners'