Total War: Three Kingdoms

Started by Nefaro, January 10, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: FlickJax on May 17, 2019, 03:47:31 AM
https://www.strategygamer.com/reviews/total-war-three-kingdoms/

it's funny that it gets 4 out of 5 stars, but reviewer uses words like besides all its flaws and even with reservations.....as usual, i don't trust any of these reviews:). i know what i am getting with a total war game and i am ok with that,

AchillesLastStand

Just a quick heads up for any that are interested, Fanatical has the game for 18% off currently which puts it at 49 bucks. I have used them before so can vouch for them being legit.

Pete Dero

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on May 17, 2019, 04:26:29 AM
Just a quick heads up for any that are interested, Fanatical has the game for 18% off currently which puts it at 49 bucks. I have used them before so can vouch for them being legit.

Fanatical has a voucher for 10% off (use code MAY10) that might also work for this game.

If you live in the EU :

https://www.voidu.com/en/total-war-three-kingdoms

€ 56,99 - 20% (use code GAMINGTIME) = € 45,60

Now streaming Early Access : https://www.twitch.tv/arkcard

FlickJax

Fanatical code not allowed on pre-orders

Gusington

Fanatical is definitely legit and I have used them many times with no problems. They and Green Man are my go-tos. That said, if you can wait a few months, the game will probably be marked down below 49.00.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 16, 2019, 02:52:49 PM
Quote from: mikeck on May 16, 2019, 02:38:52 PM
Why is preordering better than buying on release? Goodies?

Anyway, moot point for me. I've tried with Shogun but damn...I have absolutely no interest in anything other than European history. Just doesn't do anything for me. Didn't play Shogun until the expansion that let me import the US marines! Sucks because I'm sure it will be great

Because I also received like 25 or 30 percent off if I remember correctly...if going to buy anyway, why not get cheaper?

Just 'cause
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

downloading pre load now....on the smaller side of around 15gb.  guessing likely some day one patch or unlock process will add to it.

Grim.Reaper

Game is out now....loaded it up for a minute, sure does look pretty.....but that is all the time I had before work.  I'll get some time with it over the holiday weekend.

FlickJax

Enjoy :) need to wait for a sale here too much coming out soon :)

jomni

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 23, 2019, 04:45:20 AM
Game is out now....loaded it up for a minute, sure does look pretty.....but that is all the time I had before work.  I'll get some time with it over the holiday weekend.

Won't be able to play as I will be in Japan for the whole of next week.

Gusington

Initial online reviews may be the best I have seen for a TW game ever. Players are even complimenting the AI and Reddit TW pages are full of praise. I may do the unthinkable and buy it over the weekend so I can get the Yellow Turban DLC and the 18% discount over at Fanatical, which prices it at about 49.00. That's if this positive trend keeps up.

But for a TW release day they can't do much better than they are doing right now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Time for a new, 'What's Gus Playing' I say. Sub title: Yellow Turbin or Turd-bin?  :bd:  Whadda-ya-think?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

From what I have read the battles are even further removed from reality than usual for TW. I have no interest in an arcade game masquerading as an non-historical historical war game.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: solops on May 23, 2019, 09:51:16 AM
From what I have read the battles are even further removed from reality than usual for TW. I have no interest in an arcade game masquerading as an non-historical historical war game.

Is it really masquerading?  Think since it was announced been well known to have a fantasy slant....much different than total war Warhammer?

I get it that some folks may not like it or want it, but sounds like it actually might deliver a decent game experience for what the developer intended.

Jarhead0331

I think some detachment from historical reality is a good thing for Total War. Take the Warhammer titles for instance...they are some of the best in the series and it was nice to not have to deal with the usual grogs that complain about every historical inaccuracy, as if that somehow makes an excellent gaming experience less enjoyable. Having some element of fiction lets the developers play with the era and be creative, so I think some of that is a good thing and has led to the rejuvenation of the series.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18