Mount and Blade Bannerlord

Started by Bison, June 12, 2017, 08:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I cannot wait for this one to be released.  The Steam page is up, but no release date yet. :(

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261550/Mount__Blade_II_Bannerlord/

These combat videos look amazing!

Destraex

Looks like not much has changed in mount and blade. Animations still look the same and the graphics not much better.
I want this on my wishlist though. But tell me something. Has the physics model and the armour modelling changed? Because last time I remember you could hit anywhere for the same effect.
In other words, there was no armour modelling. Just light, medium and heavy armour classifications for the whole body. I hated that.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Raied

There is no information about armor accurate modelling like in WOTR, from the video it seems it will be same as in Warband, the little information about combat actually has been posted on taleworlds site yesterday only:

Key Combat Updates

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord also features greatly updated combat, which builds on previous instalments in a number of ways while retaining its intuitive, direction-based core that made it so popular among players.

Directional Shield Blocking and Shield Bash – These two features revitalize the sword & board gameplay, making it a more engaging experience than ever before! Blocking in the wrong direction will not necessarily get you killed but it will cause your shield to break faster, leaving you defenseless against missiles and vulnerable against multiple foes. Shield bashing, a highly requested feature, temporarily stuns your opponent and knocks them back, lowering their defenses and giving you room to breathe.
Attack Chaining – Swings that complete their motion can now be chained into follow-up attacks which can catch your opponent off-guard after a miss. Unbalanced weapons such as hammers and axes also use the momentum of the first swing for a faster follow-up!
Improved Animations and Combat Engine – Huge effort has gone into making Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's combat as fluid and visually appealing as possible. Damage dealt is now calculated with a great degree of physical depth, factoring in the weight distribution of every individual weapon. This means that whether you are executing a perfectly timed thrust while thundering towards a hapless archer on horseback or shooting an arrow across the battlefield to whittle down your opponent's infantry forces before the melee, the game will understand all of the forces involved and produce consistent, realistic and satisfying results every time.

Source:https://www.taleworlds.com/

So they are some update but not really revolutionary, and those been done in other melee games. However, I really cant wait to play the game, the game is amazing with big battles and siege using all tactics that you could do, plus the sandbox campaign, plus the modding community and DLC by third party that can improve the game drastically, I am currently playing Viking Conquest and I am having a lot of fun. 

Tpek

The Steam page has actually been up for quite some time now.
And the forum is filled with people speculating about/begging for the real release date.

mikeck

Didn't want to start a new thread for one question so here goes: I just bought Mount and Blade: banner lord. Never played before. I see a ton of mods so I'm curious if there are any "must have" mods or any highly recommended?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

ArizonaTank

Quote from: mikeck on July 16, 2017, 10:49:36 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread for one question so here goes: I just bought Mount and Blade: banner lord. Never played before. I see a ton of mods so I'm curious if there are any "must have" mods or any highly recommended?

I don't believe Bannerlord has been released yet.  I am guessing you mean Mount and Blade: Warband.  There are some great mods.  As well as some downloadable modules that are well worth it.  The Napoleonic mod allows you to fight as a commander of a few dozen troops...great fun in multi-player.  The nord mod takes place in a pre-Norman England based world...a lot of fun.  There is also With Fire and Sword, a 17th century Eastern Europe mod.  And those are just the DLC.  Plenty of great stuff out there. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

jomni

Gekokujo Japanese mod!

Philippe

Quote from: ArizonaTank on July 17, 2017, 12:33:46 AM

I don't believe Bannerlord has been released yet.  I am guessing you mean Mount and Blade: Warband.  There are some great mods.  As well as some downloadable modules that are well worth it.  The Napoleonic mod allows you to fight as a commander of a few dozen troops...great fun in multi-player.  The nord mod takes place in a pre-Norman England based world...a lot of fun.  There is also With Fire and Sword, a 17th century Eastern Europe mod.  And those are just the DLC.  Plenty of great stuff out there.

Fire and Sword and Viking Conquest started life as mods but evolved into paid DLC (with quality to match).  Viking Conquest is my absolute favorite Mount and Blade game and well worth the money. Fire and Sword is a lot of fun, especially if you're into the 17th century and Eastern Europe. 

Of the free mods I'm very fond of the two Brytenwalda mods (the mod that grew into Viking Conquest) because I really like the period (early Anglo-Saxon England).  I also like the Guerre des Cent Ans mod, but it might be a problem if you're not comfortable with French.

I've hear of the Nord mod, but don't remember exactly what it covers.  Is it an historical mod or a mod based on the Mount and Blade fantasy world? I went looking for it and couldn't find it, but probably didn't look hard enough.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Raied

You can get the viking conquest DLC, it is really excellent, the mixed review is due to initial buggy release, but I can say now it is the best historic M&B mod/DLC available for single player experience.

mikeck

Thanks, I did purchase the Viking DLC
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

ArizonaTank

Quote from: mikeck on July 17, 2017, 02:01:56 PM
Thanks, I did purchase the Viking DLC

I love the music in the Viking DLC.  Overall, one of my favorite gaming experiences.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Philippe

I love the music in the Viking DLC, but I like the music the same team had originally used for Brytenwalda even better. 

I suspect they felt that a major piece of game music with only two notes wouldn't appeal to a wide audience.  Whenever I hear it I'm reminded of a scene early on in the first season of Rome when Julius Caesar tells his musicians to play something else while they're marching on Rome.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Sparhawk

There are lots of great mods but I always drift back to "Prophecy of Pendor". I am sure Bannerlord will be a good start vanilla but modding is what makes Mount and Blade worth coming back to.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Philippe on July 17, 2017, 09:00:49 PM
I love the music in the Viking DLC, but I like the music the same team had originally used for Brytenwalda even better. 

I suspect they felt that a major piece of game music with only two notes wouldn't appeal to a wide audience.  Whenever I hear it I'm reminded of a scene early on in the first season of Rome when Julius Caesar tells his musicians to play something else while they're marching on Rome.

The music is very close to the History Channel's "Vikings" TV show...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

mikeck

Quote from: ArizonaTank on July 17, 2017, 12:33:46 AM

Sorry...meant I purchased Mount and Blade Warband

At any rate, I've been playing nothing but this game for a month now. Playing the "Medieval Conquest mod" which is an update of the "Anno 1247" mod.

I had always though M&B was multiplayer with a half-arsed single player. Not sure why but I can't believe I have not played this before. I'm fascinated by the depth and haven't even explored Viking Conquest. Graphics are decent but I CANT wait for Bannerlord. I may never leave the house! Even got me into one of those moods where I start buying books and watching shows on the era. I play on my laptop at either rewatch "Vikings", "IronClad" or "Kingdom of Heaven". One of those rare phases we gamers get into where we are consumed by a game for a long time