Steam Summer Sale 2019 Thread

Started by AchillesLastStand, June 25, 2019, 04:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Servers are clearly getting pulverized...can't view very much right now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2019, 12:54:51 PM
It's up!! It's up!!! EVERYONE GO NUTS

ANARCHY!  SELL THE HOUSE, SELL THE CAR, SELL THE KIDS!  IT'S EVERY GROG FOR HIMSELF!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Dogs and cats (and grogs) living together!

By the by, I also received an email that Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail, is now available for pre-order.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

This is so great, I'm buying stuff not on sale just to be part of it.  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Oh man I feel awesome. 

On my way to the Steam summer sale I trampled 2 old ladies, flung three toddlers by their arms into the parking lot, and smashed the front door with my sledgehammer all in an attempt to be the first person to buy something. 

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: W8taminute on June 25, 2019, 01:39:41 PM
Oh man I feel awesome. 

On my way to the Steam summer sale I trampled 2 old ladies, flung three toddlers by their arms into the parking lot,

Oh great. Thanks alot. Looks like I'm going to busy with X-ray orders today.

Now back to cleaning my credit card. I swear the grubby buildup was covering ALL the numbers.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Tpek

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on June 25, 2019, 02:17:06 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on June 25, 2019, 01:39:41 PM
Oh man I feel awesome. 

On my way to the Steam summer sale I trampled 2 old ladies, flung three toddlers by their arms into the parking lot,

Oh great. Thanks alot. Looks like I'm going to busy with X-ray orders today.

So are you an old lady or a toddler? :P

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: Tpek

So are you an old lady or a toddler? :P

More of an old toad.
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2019, 09:06:23 AM
You know when AoEIII was released I paid a lot of money for the deluxe boxed version and wound up being very disappointed. I never bought either expansion. But I would like to try out the Asian Dynasties expansion - for whatever reason I think now, years later, I would enjoy it.

Note to self: the letter E is not the letter W, even though it kind of looks like an E turned 90 degrees counter-clockwise.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

Deals for the deal god!  Sales for the sale throne!

My 40k game library does grow as as fast as the heretics burn when kissed by holy prometheum.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Damn it.  I just bought Sovereignty: Crown of Kings literally last night for $25.  :(
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tuna

Quote from: al_infierno on June 25, 2019, 04:52:38 PM
Damn it.  I just bought Sovereignty: Crown of Kings literally last night for $25.  :(

refund it!

Gusington

That 2nd toddler was me :/

Time of reckoning. I have about 90.00 of games in my cart right now, including Civ VI Gold for ~28.00:

Buy Sid Meier's Civilization VI Gold Edition
Includes 8 items: Civilization VI - Vikings Scenario Pack, Civilization VI - Poland Civilization and Scenario Pack, Civilization VI - Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack, Civilization VI - Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack, Sid Meier's Civilization VI, Civilization VI - Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack, Civilization VI - Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack, Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise and Fall

...but does NOT include Gathering Storm...hmm...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Updated my Stellaris DLC with MegaCorp (on sale) and Ancient Relics (not on sale). Looking forward to starting a new campaign.

RedArgo

Out of the Park 20 is half off, so I'll be getting that one.

Do games ever come on sale later during the sale?  I don't remember.  I'm trying to get my gaming buddies to buy Terraforming Mars, but it isn't in the sale right now.