Steam Summer Sale 2019 Thread

Started by AchillesLastStand, June 25, 2019, 04:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

It'll be interesting to see if Steam changes up the sale any now that they have a competitor like Epic.  Hopefully we'll see some better deals than they've had the last several years.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: steve58 on June 25, 2019, 11:02:07 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Steam changes up the sale any now that they have a competitor like Epic.  Hopefully we'll see some better deals than they've had the last several years.

I don't think they will, there used to be some pretty great deals with flash sales but they haven't had those in several years. Will see though. Ex Valve employees have said Steam has been a cash cow. All they have to do is keep the servers running and the storefront up and maintained and that's pretty much it. As much as I love Steam I can also list several reasons why I hate it with a passion. Good work if you can get it I suppose.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on June 25, 2019, 04:21:05 AM
Not sure what else atm but wish Steam would bring back the flash sales, seems like ever since they have started doing refunds they stop doing flash sale.

I used to hate having to check the site every 8 hours for fear of missing a flash sale.  I'm glad they're gone.  You can see all the prices on day one, and you have two weeks to decide your budget.  Suits me just fine.

Jarhead0331

its amazing how the kick-off of the sale always breaks the internet. i mean, are people really waiting for the second the sale starts to look. Everyone and their grandmothers are trying to access the site. Its a 2 week event for christ's sake...whats the rush? Its not like they are going to run out of codes.  :timeout:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

My grandmother just tried to get to Steam and got a 502 bad gateway error. Dayum.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Me too.....

It's not like I was going to buy anything.......

I just wanted to browse..........

I only had my credit card out to clean it........

There is barely more than ten games on my wish list in any case.....

It's not like it's an addiction.......😏

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 25, 2019, 12:04:29 PM
its amazing how the kick-off of the sale always breaks the internet. i mean, are people really waiting for the second the sale starts to look. Everyone and their grandmothers are trying to access the site. Its a 2 week event for christ's sake...whats the rush? Its not like they are going to run out of codes.  :timeout:

Including you! >:D

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

devoncop

Gusington

Wow who knew. You look pretty good for dead.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2019, 12:40:09 PM
Wow who knew. You look pretty good for dead.

Believe me.....I don't😉

Gusington

Don't be coy with me, Gramps!

Steam is back up??

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

It's up!! It's up!!! EVERYONE GO NUTS

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd