Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Zuul was a 'moldy Babylonian god.' Babylonia is playable in the FoG2 Immortal Fire dlc isn't it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 05, 2019, 01:49:14 PM
Who will be the first to turn against his brother and use violence to enrich his people? OH, The humanity!

Well it won't be happening in Ptolemaic Egypt I can assure you of that.

(For one thing most of the females of the dynasty are being married off to their brothers!)  :hide: :hide: :hide:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

IICptMillerII

Quote from: Tamas on June 05, 2019, 06:23:49 AM
Quote from: IICptMillerII on June 04, 2019, 10:50:51 PM
Will it be possible to have 10 or more players all playing in the same multiplayer game, or is there some behind the scenes work going on here by the GM to make this all work? Genuinely curious. This sounds like a fantastic idea, especially if it can all be done in house. Just wish I had the time to throw my name into the ring!

The server will handle this automatically.

Basically, the newest version of the Slitherine PBEM server (#3) has been made able to handle WEGO multiplayer matches of more than two players. Luckily, WEGO makes this quite feasible, as the turn gets resolved when everyone has sent their orders in, or the turn deadline has expired, whichever happens first. The turn deadline is set by the original creator of the PBEM challenge on the server.

That is really good news to hear! This game just keeps getting better and better. Release can't come soon enough!

devoncop

Just a heads up for all players involved in this upcoming MP game :

The game will be played on "Balanced" setting.

No optional rules will be used given this is a "first attempt" for most.

Maximum 48 HOUR turns.

(The balanced setting means players will get some warning that civil war may be about to break out, and slaves have a 50% chance of being automatically redistributed around the empire from the capitol even without slave markets.

(Without this revolts are more likely given the concentration of very cheesed off slaves !)

al_infierno

I look forward to driving Carthage into the ground and getting my fields salted ASAP!   :notworthy:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That does sound like fun. I'll bring the salt.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

For noting by Ysonkyn and Gus :

From the manual........

18.3.2. Epirus
Has a special building, the Castrum Elephantidae, which can be used to generate elephants units for free. In addition, as with Syracuse and Pontus it has the Ellines Soter modifier that means you gain no decadence (or a production penalty) if you take a Hellenic region but will gain extra decadence if you capture a non-Hellenic region.

18.3.3. Bactria
Has the unique buildings of the Kleros and Phrouria which can swap between aiding agriculture and commerce or as a defensive structure depending on if you are at war or peace

Note lots of countries have unique rules and characteristics......

Yskonyn

Thanks for that! I assume this comes from your beta tester manual?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

devoncop

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 10, 2019, 06:06:31 AM
Thanks for that! I assume this comes from your beta tester manual?

It is indeed from the beta Manual 😉

Gusington

Sweet, thank you. Any special stables or similar for Bactrian camels?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2019, 08:09:04 AM
Sweet, thank you. Any special stables or similar for Bactrian camels?

Nothing I can see at first glance but we will need to wait for release to see what specific traits/bonuses each nation has.

One thing I did notice during the Dastactic challenge as the Antigonids was that Bactria starts as a client state of the Antigonids ready to rebel. ......a bit like Judea ...if that is the case in the main Campaign you may want to choose another nation or you may want to stick with Bactria and lead it in  an epic right for independence 😉

Gusington

Hmm...would leading a nation to independence start me out with a huge disadvantage?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Bactria Libre! Got a name for your Bactrian Camel Factory/ Agriculture Building Gus, "Drama-Dairy".  :DD
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2019, 09:23:02 AM
Hmm...would leading a nation to independence start me out with a huge disadvantage?

As a client state you don't have total independence of actions ....also your money is siphoned off to the big boss....I would wait and see what the starting situation is on release....it is easy to shift you to another region in the area....