Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlickJax

Good luck people and don't beat down to hard on Gus :)

Tamas

Quote from: IICptMillerII on June 04, 2019, 10:50:51 PM
Will it be possible to have 10 or more players all playing in the same multiplayer game, or is there some behind the scenes work going on here by the GM to make this all work? Genuinely curious. This sounds like a fantastic idea, especially if it can all be done in house. Just wish I had the time to throw my name into the ring!

The server will handle this automatically.

Basically, the newest version of the Slitherine PBEM server (#3) has been made able to handle WEGO multiplayer matches of more than two players. Luckily, WEGO makes this quite feasible, as the turn gets resolved when everyone has sent their orders in, or the turn deadline has expired, whichever happens first. The turn deadline is set by the original creator of the PBEM challenge on the server.

Barthheart

Quote from: Tamas on June 05, 2019, 06:23:49 AM
Quote from: IICptMillerII on June 04, 2019, 10:50:51 PM
Will it be possible to have 10 or more players all playing in the same multiplayer game, or is there some behind the scenes work going on here by the GM to make this all work? Genuinely curious. This sounds like a fantastic idea, especially if it can all be done in house. Just wish I had the time to throw my name into the ring!

The server will handle this automatically.

Basically, the newest version of the Slitherine PBEM server (#3) has been made able to handle WEGO multiplayer matches of more than two players. Luckily, WEGO makes this quite feasible, as the turn gets resolved when everyone has sent their orders in, or the turn deadline has expired, whichever happens first. The turn deadline is set by the original creator of the PBEM challenge on the server.

Nice!  :bd:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I for one welcome my Judean brethren, and remind them that one of our queens came back with Solomon's child so if y'all need a legitimate king at some time we're ready and able to help with that!  :coolsmiley:

[spoiler]The Sabaeans were notorious for sending out princesses from their tribes as ambassadors to... um.... ..... work their way up to queen level, or if not at least get into position where they can send back military and other intelligence on a regular basis. This is definitely what was being attempted in the famous meeting of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba -- and why she subsequently had such a bad reputation in Jewish culture despite the Biblical record of her trip being nothing but respectful! -- and there's a pretty good chance that this is what was happening with Solomon's mother Bathsheba: married Uriah, then while he was gone on campaign she arranged with some tactical advertising to trade up to queen!  :o

The legend about the princess coming back with Solomon's child is exactly why Solomon moreso than David is so highly thought of throughout the region, and also why they have historically made claims on being legitimate heirs of David's family -- this includes the Sabaeans who migrated across the sea over to Ethiopia by the way -- which explains a number of interesting historical oddities in the area, including why two separate Jewish kingdoms were set up for a while in Ethiopia (including with its own attempt at a Jewish Temple!) and on the southern coast of Arabia during the 'dark ages'.

It also explains why Herod the Great was able to promote himself, despite being from Israel's traditional enemy Edom, as a legitimate heir of David: one of his parents was Arabian and descended from that Sabaean lineage.

It also explains what those "magi" or astrologer/wise-men/kings with three gifts -- all from the Sabean region, and one of them exclusively found there at the time! -- originally went to Herod's court when they saw signs suggesting the Son of David had been born: they knew Herod was connected himself with them, and through them back to David via Solomon and "the queen of Sheba".[/spoiler]
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Having had some valuable feedback on the proposal for a house rule in our game including from players involved in the beta it is obvious that this proposal (like so many in my life!) has all the logic and sense of splitting Alexander's Empire up on his death amongst a load of Generals who hate each other and then expecting all to be sweetness and light  :idiot2:)

As a result the game will be played with no house rules and just concentrating on not being crushed by the nearest one province AI country we are next to in the first 5 years.😁

Thanks again all.

Ian
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Yskonyn

Phyrros salutes all. I will fight for expansion and recognition until I get killed by the thrown tile in the city of Argos!
All bow before the might of Epeiros!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sir Slash

With this bunch, what are the odds a bunch of wars, conquests, invasions, and assassinations will occur? I expect Grogs will live in peace and harmony with each other, trade and culture will abound, the world will flourish. Am I missing something?  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 05, 2019, 10:11:21 AM
With this bunch, what are the odds a bunch of wars, conquests, invasions, and assassinations will occur? I expect Grogs will live in peace and harmony with each other, trade and culture will abound, the world will flourish. Am I missing something?  ::)

Put bluntly.

Yes.😂

Gusington

'When someone asks if you're a god, YOU SAY YES!'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2019, 12:27:56 PM

Ptolemy points out that it you don't like the Gods available then you create your own.....a bespoke God.

Ladies and Gentlemen may I present to you the God Serapis.👏👏👏👏👏👏

Merely another example of the superiority of the true successor to Alexander...🙏

Gusington

This game has some real freaky deaky potential.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2019, 12:27:56 PM

I think you're confusing this game with Dominions 5, Gus.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sir Slash

Who will be the first to turn against his brother and use violence to enrich his people? OH, The humanity!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.