Main Menu

Her Majesty's Ship

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 28, 2019, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

looking like potentially a nice title....believe the developers are the ones who made the afghanistan and vietnam games fir matrix.  crew management in the age of sails.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/688660/Her_Majestys_Ship/

Toonces

LOL, it reminds me of one of those toy Lego-type ships!  On a computer!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Can't wait for the little Lego Sailors to be cut in half by enemy cannonballs.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

I don't know, looks like Wasteland interactive is involved and there post release support is suspect at best. Maybe there just providing assets for the game.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on May 28, 2019, 11:23:33 PM
I don't know, looks like Wasteland interactive is involved and there post release support is suspect at best. Maybe there just providing assets for the game.

if they are involved, then would share the concern.  who knows if it will remotely turn out good, like the concept regardless of art style so hoping minimally turns out to be a fun time waster.

The_Admiral

Honestly, I foresee little risk. It is less of a Vietnam or Afghanistan variation than an age of sail version of carrier deck. Sounds like the usual right mix between overall feeling and gameplay the team has delivered us so far, and I am pretty sure it is going to be a nice, small & cute clever game.

Gusington

I knew The_Admiral would say that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

I thought he would say that there is no Cannibalism in the British Navy

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rsmd7

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 29, 2019, 04:13:52 AM
Quote from: -budd- on May 28, 2019, 11:23:33 PM

if they are involved, then would share the concern.  who knows if it will remotely turn out good, like the concept regardless of art style so hoping minimally turns out to be a fun time waster.

Wasteland Interactive's involvement would make me hold off on a possible purchase for at least a few months to see what the post release support and bug fixing is like as this has been appalling in the past. A bit of a shame as the co-developer Every Single Soldier have released some good games so far.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Toonces

Yeah, Playmobil is what I was thinking of!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

I want to note that this game is developed by a studio called Every Single Soldier, who were also responsible for Carrier Deck which is a cute little carrier-based puzzle game that I just can't seem to stop playing.  Despite the bugs and annoyances (planes running into each other on deck and getting confused, or not repairing below deck when they should), Carrier Deck is one of those games which is way more fun than it has any right to be.  According to Steam I've got 24 hours in it!

As such, Her Majesty's Ship is definitely on my wish list now, whereas I might otherwise not have looked twice at it.

Huw the Poo

Release date announced: 12 July 2019.

em2nought

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 31, 2019, 06:18:34 AM
Carrier Deck

I'd probably buy a Vietnam USS Forrestal version of that game.
Stolen elections have consequences.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 24, 2019, 05:03:35 PM
Release date announced: 12 July 2019.

Sounds like only $9.99 as well...plus launch day discount.