NAVAL ACTION to release within 30 days!!! YES!

Started by Destraex, May 28, 2019, 04:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I know what you mean. That sounds great.
It actually sounds like what I have done in the PVP servers. The clan gets reports of French raiding shipping along port morant. We send a squadron to investigate. But they are gone or run when they see us. Luckily one Frigate has the sense to go around the island the other way and has intercepted. Now we must reach the circle to join in time. Later that day the French make a truce with us. Now all of Britain and France have agreed only to attack Spanish ships :)
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

mikeck

Quote from: Destraex on June 13, 2019, 06:18:13 PM
I know what you mean. That sounds great.
It actually sounds like what I have done in the PVP servers. The clan gets reports of French raiding shipping along port morant. We send a squadron to investigate. But they are gone or run when they see us. Luckily one Frigate has the sense to go around the island the other way and has intercepted. Now we must reach the circle to join in time. Later that day the French make a truce with us. Now all of Britain and France have agreed only to attack Spanish ships :)

I don't doubt that PvP provides much more immersive gameplay...especially since the game IS designed as an MMO and not a single player experience. Nevertheless, there IS a PvE option and I'm not joining a clan or playing MP...so I'd like some meat on the PvE bones

But I've played for years and will keep playing just for the battles
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Destraex

There are clans in PVE. I am in one.
But I do agree with you. Would be great if they implement your idea.
The game has so much scope already. I only have the final exam to go now. It gets you straight to a fair rank in order to be able to command light frigates:

P.S. What nation are you playing as in PVE? My guess would be the USA?

Destraex

This is part of the final exam. Beat two ships that while not quite as big, are pretty damned close in size. They are much more nimble as well. They move well. UNTIL you take their masts off!!! :)

Destraex

Enjoying this. Got sunk twice trying to get trading going.

First time I captured an AI trader in a light frigate (Pandora). This trader was intended to run things to any port. Because warships cannot enter any port but your own nations.
When I came out of battle a human pirate happened to be right on top of me. My ship was already in tatters from the last battle and he was in a much stronger and more nimble ship.
However I ordered my trading ship, which was freshly captured in the last battle, to retreat. I managed to hold the pirate with my frigate until my trader escaped. Then promptly sank. That is the first screenshot.

So my trader escaped. The game put me right into that escaped trader in the same position in the open world as I came out of the battle. Scared the hell out of me. The pirate could appear any time. I set sail like my life depended on it. But I never did see that pirate again.

In the second screenshot. I had taken my new trader to complete a mission by trying to run a trader into a pirate port!!! I must be crazy. But willing to take risks to learn in game. So I sailed close to the enemy port and logged off for the night. Next morning before work I jumped in and appeared on the sea where I left off. Very carefully I approached and all looked good. A pirate cutter left port and approached but scuttered off in the other direction. Too small to be a threat. However, out of the murk a Prussian lateen rigged ship appeared heading for the port. THEN HE TURNED in my direction. I raced for the nearest coastal fortification. Knowing that the forts would fire on both of us in battle.
The damned lateen rig enabled him to reverse into me to board!! Never seen that move before. Lost my new trader before I had even really used it.

Captured another one today with all the skill and experience garnered. Having a ball really. Even though I am getting smashed.

mikeck

Quote from: Destraex on June 15, 2019, 11:05:12 PM
There are clans in PVE. I am in one.
But I do agree with you. Would be great if they implement your idea.
The game has so much scope already. I only have the final exam to go now. It gets you straight to a fair rank in order to be able to command light frigates:

P.S. What nation are you playing as in PVE? My guess would be the USA?

No, I play as GB. Figured it was easiest when I started in 2016 and never wanted to lose everything and start over. I can't do the clan thing....no time. My play time is wildly inconsistent. I like to hop on, fight a battle and back out
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Destraex

I might look for you as i am also playing with great britisn. We used to play french because we did not want to be too cliche. But hardly any of them spoke english. It got too hard in the end.

mikeck

I'm on now and then. But that's why I never wanted MP or a Clan....I can only play for an hour now and then

RedArgo

Here's the end of my last battle after I ran aground.

Edit picture size, thanks Destraex.

Destraex

lol. That looks like a lot of fun though. Your last sausage supplies would have been well cooked.
Love the pic.

This helps with the width, without the full stops.
[.img width=1024] .[./img]

Destraex

Quote from: mikeck on June 20, 2019, 11:28:33 AM
I'm on now and then. But that's why I never wanted MP or a Clan....I can only play for an hour now and then
Well then. I am the same. I play when I want and if something happens to be going I join... or don't.

mikeck

Quote from: Destraex on June 22, 2019, 02:25:01 AM
Quote from: mikeck on June 20, 2019, 11:28:33 AM
Well then. I am the same. I play when I want and if something happens to be going I join... or don't.

I'm in and out of town but next week I'm back for good (DCS taking the little time i have); BUT, when I hop on, I'll look for you. Maybe we can do a fleet mission. My name is the same on the PvE server: MikeCK

Destraex

I am doing pvp. Will search your name on that server. I am clanning it atm and having a ball listening to all the politics and interactions with ports and nations.

Destraex

Mickek I am about to look for you on the pcp server. My name starts with hms on the server. I just thought a ships name looked better at sea.
RedArgo I added you as well. Although it appears you are playing for the US so that might prevent us from adding friends in game. I thought they stopped people doing that because of all the spy activity.

EDIT: Mickek I am on PVP which is why I cannot add you atm. I assume you are not there at all as you mentioned above. :(

RedArgo

Destraex, I didn't see anything from you and I can't "find" you, so I think you're right, we are doomed by nation to never be "friends".