Two explosions in Russia in recent days.

Started by JasonPratt, August 13, 2019, 12:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Two apparently unrelated explosions in Russia over the past few days; the first was apparently a small nuclear reactor detonation from experiments to create a nuclear-powered cruise missile (thus extending its range worldwide), and the second 4000km away was an arms dump burning from a fire reportedly started by a lightning strike.

Five elite nuclear scientists were killed in the first explosion.

I'm not sure there are actually videos of the first explosion. The FBN report above seems to use footage from the arms depot explosion.

Al Jazeera, for whatever it's worth. ;)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Could be worse...lucky it wasn't an explosion at a nuclear reactor. According to Russian sources, that could NEVER happen.  :coolsmiley:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

This guy has been following the tech story on the nuke-powered cruise missile for a while; does a pretty good job summarizing things in an informal way.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

Surprised at the lack of Soviet Russia jokes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

in post-Soviet Russia, explosions bang you?

Pete Dero

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Vlad's Goes-Off Prematurely"? Better or worse?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 13, 2019, 12:10:07 PM
Could be worse...lucky it wasn't an explosion at a nuclear reactor. According to Russian sources, that could NEVER happen.  :coolsmiley:

Of course not. Russian nuclear plants only explode in Ukraine
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Pete Dero

BanzaiCat