OCS Korea The Forgotten War

Started by Crossroads, May 29, 2016, 12:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Ordered today  :smitten:

Decided I need to get me a Dean Essig game, thought this would be the perfect one to start. Reprints still available, so why not
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Hopefully I can soon post this on the What's on your table right now? thread O0

panzerde

I quite enjoy Essig designs, but I only have one OCS game. Set it up once, but I've yet to actually play it!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bbmike

That looks like fun. Are there solitaire rules?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I've had my eye on that for awhile. Looks great.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on May 29, 2016, 01:06:06 PM
I've had my eye on that for awhile. Looks great.

I just might have to order the France 1940 box as well. The Blitzkrieg Legend, that is. Looks like a top, top dedign as well.  :smitten:

Pinetree

I've still to get into OCS, I have DAK2 which I hope to put on the table once I actually have one.  ;D  I've preordered the OCS magazine with Sicily II in it to help me ease into it.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

GJK

I like the few SCS series games that I've played and very much enjoy Dean's CWBS/LoB civil war games.  "Korea" is one that I've been thinking on for some time as well- does it have smaller (1-mapper) scenarios included?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Crossroads

Quote from: GJK on May 29, 2016, 05:25:04 PM
I like the few SCS series games that I've played and very much enjoy Dean's CWBS/LoB civil war games.  "Korea" is one that I've been thinking on for some time as well- does it have smaller (1-mapper) scenarios included?

Seems it does! From MMP's Korea product page:

OCS Korea: The Forgotten War has 15 scenarios broken down as follows:

5 1-map scenarios
4 2-map scenarios
6 3-map scenarios

Crossroads

Quote from: panzerde on May 29, 2016, 12:35:12 PM
I quite enjoy Essig designs, but I only have one OCS game. Set it up once, but I've yet to actually play it!

That is true for most of my board gaming nowadays as well. Figuring out the rules, admiring the map and counter art, enjoying the scenarios as how the battles are chosen and OoBs presented, setting up, playing a solitaire of one or two turns. It is all good though.  :smitten:

I might one day try a Vassal module on some of the games I have.

Before that, I obviously still owe you my FPC turn!