FRIDAY before Memorial Day

Started by MetalDog, May 27, 2016, 06:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

Just spent 2 hours+ trying to get the damn lawnmower to run....carburetor is shot.  Son is going to make it a weekend project to rebuild it.  Dad is going to resume his wargaming....
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Sir Slash

Madrid leads Madrid 1 nil. I'd bet on Madrid.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Crossroads

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 28, 2016, 03:43:59 PM

Madrid scored an equalizer! 1-1.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on May 28, 2016, 04:05:07 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 28, 2016, 03:43:59 PM

Madrid scored an equalizer! 1-1.

So it was that los blancos got the final laugh, beating los rojiblancos on penalties. Dammit.  :buck2:

But I guess those betting their money on Madrid winning (or losing, for that matter!) can be happy little campers, after all.  O0

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Sir Slash

Yeahhhh Madrid! Sorry Madrid. You guys just weren't the team Madrid was. Who was the Home team?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Behold my mighty cipher, now at level 5. He will help me resist buying Total War: Warhammer until the price drops.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 28, 2016, 05:11:26 PM
Yeahhhh Madrid! Sorry Madrid. You guys just weren't the team Madrid was. Who was the Home team?

It's embarrassing to lose to one's own self.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Congrats on the promotion Gus. Love the look. He looks very Butch.  :P

Crossroads

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 28, 2016, 05:11:26 PM

(Real) Madrid was the home team for (Atletico) Madrid. At Milan, Italy.  O0

JasonPratt

This weekend I will be finally winning my DC3: Barbarossa match vs. Bart, thanks to the Germans being too distracted for 30 days to continue starving me to death. USSR! USSR!  :P ::)

Having achieved this moral victory, I may call a surrender if Bart doesn't want to finish finishing me off. :) (That way I can finally read his side of the war, and vice versa of course.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

ACK! 30 days?!? Really?  :o  :-[

Sorry about that. I had/have every intention of continuing to crush Russians beneath my treads but will understand if you don't want to put up with my tardiness any longer.
It's been a good fight and I REALLY want to read your side of the war.  O0

So I'm good if we end here. There have been so many changes since we started.... Maybe we could try again in the fall?  :D

JasonPratt

I honestly don't know how the coming of the rainy season is supposed to help me at this point.

I do have some plans for continuing into the rainy season in a sort of specialized partisan effort, if you want to continue, but you're about to kill umpteen armies in the central theater by staring at them. My reinforcement schedule for the rest of the game is unclear, and if you ever wipe out all combat units in a single theater (which seems likely at this point, one way or another), you instantly win.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Barthheart

Well... I think it's your call since I dragged this out so much. I wouldn't blame you for claiming the win as "All Germans returned home for Oktoberfest and forgot to return to the front." :)

JasonPratt

Currently, for those following along, the plan is for Bart to play a quick turn sometime in the next month or two ;) , so that I can load my turn and send a surrender notice.

Relatedly, I've set up a new thread for both of us and our readers to discuss each other's game and our own game in hindsight. An AAR of the AARs so to speak.  :D

IT'S AN AARCEPTION!  :idiot2:

Edited to add: which I then forgot to link to.  :uglystupid2: :crazy2: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17083.0

airboy

My Fallout 4 character finally met my exacting standards.  I only started over 4 times?  The last time I started over I was level 34.

But now at level 40 I've finally got my OCD RPG under control.  I'm close to actually getting started on the main quest.  I've avoided triggering the entry of the Brotherhood of Steel Heli-Carrier into Boston.