Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Scarier than the Borg!!

Huw the Poo

Haha!  No way that would've got through QA.  I'd guess the game isn't finding the correct assets on disk for some reason.

Freyland

You should have no trouble winning against them. Just think outside the box!

tgb

WYBaugh

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Ian C

tgb

How is this not some sort of IP infringement?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on May 30, 2016, 09:48:28 AM

I am certainly no lawyer, but is it any different when people create other popular mods for games such as Star Wars, Star Trek, Games of Thrones, etc. ? 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 30, 2016, 10:06:56 AM

I am certainly no lawyer, but is it any different when people create other popular mods for games such as Star Wars, Star Trek, Games of Thrones, etc. ?

There is no financial benefit, so if the developers of KSP were to actually litigate this, they would be limited to statutory damages.

Its a free mod made by a fan. Could the developers of KSP serve a cease and desist? Sure, but I highly doubt they would do so.  KSP is a game that has encouraged some of the most prolific mods. Why would the developers turn around and attack a fan just for making a mod to a different game? Wouldn't make sense to me and I don't think it would make sense to the court, either.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 30, 2016, 10:11:37 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 30, 2016, 10:06:56 AM

There is no financial benefit, so if the developers of KSP were to actually litigate this, they would be limited to statutory damages.

Its a free mod made by a fan. Could the developers of KSP serve a cease and desist? Sure, but I highly doubt they would do so.  KSP is a game that has encouraged some of the most prolific mods. Why would the developers turn around and attack a fan just for making a mod to a different game? Wouldn't make sense to me and I don't think it would make sense to the court, either.

Thanks for the info, I knew you would be able to provide your experience on it...

mikeck

They need to add the mechanic that exists in EUIV by which if you are deep in enemy territory when the peace treaty is signed, you have a "grace period" to march you armies out!

I was in the middle of a neighbors territory with 4 fleets of about 1500-1800 power each as well as two assault groups of 10 armies each. I was wrecking this guy and had captured a few planets. Well he surrenders to my terms (liberation of 4 planets and ceding 1 to me) and I have no choice but to accept. I get that...he surrendered.

But once I clicked the button to accept, the war is over and my 4 of my fleets are trapped in in the system i had demanded be ceded. They couldn't get out because they had to travel through the bad guy's space. Of course, the bad guy is hardy in the mood to accept an agreement for open borders:military. So I have 2 giant fleets and 2 transport fleets (they were organizing there) trapped. Makes no sense.

If you have ceded a planet to me, it is implied that I also have a right to travel to and from the planet by way of my own territory. Kind of an (exactly like really) interstellar easement
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

The bottom line is ships should be able to travel across borders without a declaration of war, or explicit permission. Fine, if they want to penalize you diplomatically for violating borders, so be it. But ships getting trapped or ships being unable to reach a location because of imaginary borders is really flawed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Huw the Poo

Patch 1.1 "Clarke" has rolled out to everyone!

Patch notes