Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Quote from: OJsDad on May 28, 2016, 05:14:56 PM
Just got through the day 7 horde, and I didn't die!  Man, they broke in quickly though.  And, they were crazy fast, even after they got in.  Budd, you're not going to be running around outside very much on day 7 :)

Depends on what weapons im packing :D ....beer and coffee are premium items. I cant help but wander, i just cant hole up every night.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Budd, I got one load moved to the new temp base.  I'm at the old temp base, loaded and ready to go.  Just waiting for day light.  I'll be back on later tonight. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

I got everything moved from the old temp base to the new one.  The only thing I left behind was a cooking pot in the campfire and our sleeping bags.  I made myself a new one and placed it upstairs.  I made one for you and placed it in the fridge.  Foods in the frig and meds in the beer cooler.  Nothing else is really sorted.  If you want to start prepping the wharf, I'm gong to setup some defenses around the new temp base. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Stayed on for the 14 day horde. The place held up OK, they hit the west side . That walkway from the balcony we'll have to get it one block short, i left a frame on the end.We'll pick it up on horde day. The dogs and crawlers went up the rock and onto the balcony and breached the house. I died once, damn hornets, they seem way more aggressive, dive bombing constantly. There are two walkways out now and i replaced most of the spikes the horde took out. I'll start working on the wharf next time on.

-budd-

found a new place to base. Waypoint on map check it out and tell me what you think, minimal construction to be secure ;) . Got a forge and campfire up and couple chests, there's food/water there. It's not far from temp base.

OJsDad

I'll check it out.  May be awhile today as we have a couple of graduation parties to attend.

JasonPratt

Keep in mind that, unless they've changed something in the code, sharing waypoints on the map only works for whoever is in the same game with you at the time. If you're alone it's useless, or used to be. You'll have to manually share the waypoint when someone else is on -- and they have to import the waypoint manually into their permanent list or it'll be lost when they log out and you'll have to share it again!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Hey OJ i finished the tunnels to the islands but havent tunneled to the surface yet. I cleaned up the tunnels and lit them up. 2 tunnels left, connect the islands and one or maybe two to the mainland. Then i start my walkways. I finished the platforms around the base and there are now ladders to get up from the water on all sides. I'll connect the one tunnel to the mine on the small island. I started reinforcing the bottom 3 blocks on the stilt legs, figure thats all the zombies can reach. whoever gets on next it was 21:00 on day 28, an hour to the horde.

-budd-

Hey OJ, tunnels complete with access to the surface. Finished one of the walkways toward big island. I upgraded at least 3 blocks high on the walkway supports and also about half of the skinny house supports, still need the other house supports upgraded. I only drowned twice. Have 2 more tunnels and one more walkway planned. Tunnel to connect the islands and one to the mainland and last walkway to the small island. Mike was on last night and he got hit with the horde, glad because the supports weren't all upgraded yet. Probably should keep extra of everything by tunnel ladders in case the zombies bring the base down into the water. I'll take a break from building and go wander looking for calipers and schematics, still cant build a crossbow. I left all the guns and bullets in the chest up top,3 pistols, 1 rifle, cant repair yet so I only use rifle for hunting and pistol for dogs at night when wandering.

OJsDad

Sitting at midway airport waiting for my connecting flight. Cannot wait to get home and check everything out.  I also want to get to mainland and start exploring.

-budd-

I'll probably see if I can survive an over night trip in the city, ill head for 0,0, We need a bookstore and calipers. Wanna take a break from digging and upgrading. I cleaned out the small town ( 4 buildings)due east. I used most of the med kits while deep diving to upgrade the supports, so ill be looking for crates. There's ladders to get up on walkway, about 4 blocks from edge both sides. As long as the supports hold horde can't get to us, well maybe the hornets who are a lot more lethal now. Invited Mike to base in our area, kinda share the horde thing, don't think he's done any major building yet.

Rekim

Good luck with sleep over in town Budd. I received all sorts of attention from the locals for the couple of nights I spent in town. They were at me all night long. Tons of dogz and spiders in the mix too. And that was on day 2 & 3. I decided it was time to move on when a dog somehow got me on the roof of the hospital near the end of night 3. I died twice more attempting to get the hell out of dodge. I found that it is no longer possible to outrun the dogs with the current setting, making it very tough in urban setting where there are lots of them around.

I'm working through the weekend so won't be able to partake until Monday...which is also HOI4 day...so not sure. In the mean time, kill some zombie dogs for me...

-budd-

Hit 2 cities, died twice without any real gain[damn dogs] spent most of the time running away and into zombies.. Last time i had time to move everything to my backpack so i didnt have to run back. Not a good time to hit a city with no bandages or medkits, i'll have to plan better. I'm looking for a bookstore and calipers, i believe there is a bookstore in the last city i died in, will have to go back when better prepared.I can outrun the dogs and bears it seems, i've been upping my stamina with my points and my melee.The dogs are just too quiet, you dont know whats, what until there on you and your bleeding. I did find a sniper rifle in a shotgun messiah i managed to loot, i think its the city by you. i'll go back when i have some medkits, ill make some bandages. I'll circle and pick off what i can from the hills surrounding the town with the sniper rifle.

I was reading the dev blog, roving bandits in Alpha 15 that should be cool, up the danger level a bit.

Rekim

ref speed of dogz; I find that they are the same speed as me when running forward, but cut corners and are do not slow down when going up hill, so often they will catch me. They are definitely faster when I'm running backwards. My usual tactic with dogz is to run backwards and shoot them till they drop. Now this tactic only works if I'm lucky enough to hit them with the first shot. Sometimes not enough time even for that.

Rekim

I hope this games stays in alpha for a very long time. They keep adding such cool stuff.