Main Menu

Recent posts

Current Events / Re: Israel
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 06:46:49 AM
^ I expected something along that line and still lol'd harder than I thought I would.
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 06:42:22 AM
The Scots are already living nuclear weapons for FREEEEEDOMMMMM!  :cool:
Computer Gaming / Re: 40k Custodes - Who here ha...
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 06:31:41 AM
It's just lazy, and being imposed by stockholder requirements. Instead of introducing a creative narrative reason that this has started happening (like revising the backstories for the Necrons and Eldar), GM opted for "always were female Custodes."

In fact there had been for a while, the Sisters of Silence. But that wasn't good enough, I guess?

It could make sense enough: these are high ranking children of nobles being put through the process; although the genetic modification steps still seem to be based on originally male genetic material, so... isn't that why the Sisters of Battle (Adeptas Soroitas) can't be Space Marines? But they do very respectably well with what they can do (and narratively tend to overcompensate, which is good dramatic coloring.) So this is basically saying, hey, all you who like the Sisters, surprise, they could have been real Space Marines the whole time and always could have been, but aren't for no reason, so there?

Again, it's just sloppy for depressing reasons, to please people who don't really care about the franchise property as such (like Blackrock and Vanguard).

Quote from: solops on Today at 05:18:01 AMAnd i would note that plants are people, too.

People who like to go WAAAAAGGGHHH!  :cool:

My favorite humorous comment on one of the video threads I've seen, is that Tyranids have been predominately 'female' for a while, and no one cares!
Last post by solops - Today at 05:18:01 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on Today at 03:15:59 AMI think to a certain degree it has nothing to do with female space marines and more to do with meeting up with your friends at a club or a garage and getting away from all the shit that compulsory diversity and woke-ism brings in an average working day and all the other crap that comes with real life because you've come to play soldiers to get away from all that and here in the microcosm of 40k it didn't exist and it was you and your army and your friends and now it's invading that bit of peace and quiet you had from the world

Don't get me wrong - I'm neither for or against - you do you over there and I'll do me over here

Like the vegans of this world - you can do that and I'll eat meat but don't be a dick and stand outside my restaurant calling me a flesh eating murderer

As I get older I realise the best most peaceful form of inclusivity is not to include any fucker at all
+1
And i would note that plants are people, too.
Last post by undercovergeek - Today at 03:15:59 AM
I think to a certain degree it has nothing to do with female space marines and more to do with meeting up with your friends at a club or a garage and getting away from all the shit that compulsory diversity and woke-ism brings in an average working day and all the other crap that comes with real life because you've come to play soldiers to get away from all that and here in the microcosm of 40k it didn't exist and it was you and your army and your friends and now it's invading that bit of peace and quiet you had from the world

Don't get me wrong - I'm neither for or against - you do you over there and I'll do me over here

Like the vegans of this world - you can do that and I'll eat meat but don't be a dick and stand outside my restaurant calling me a flesh eating murderer

As I get older I realise the best most peaceful form of inclusivity is not to include any fucker at all
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 02:48:46 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 10:24:01 PMI just remember the issues with our nukes in Germany in the 80's.  I get that it's different countries and eras but I just don't see us basing nukes in Poland.  they're quite happy in England Scotland and Montana.
FTFY
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 12:39:47 AM
Quote from: Gusington on Yesterday at 09:17:14 AMFor the record I do not have a neckbeard. But I do love me some 40k. Maybe on a more casual level, but I still do love it.

what does your 5 o'clock shadow identify as?
Last post by Destraex - Yesterday at 11:32:47 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 09:23:30 AMI think there is a place for diversity that fits neatly within the existing lore. For instance, the Salamanders are black. The White Scars are Asian/Mongolian. The Adepta Sororitas are all, of course, women. Many agents within the Officio Assassinorum and Inquisition are women, as are many sanctioned psykers, Rogue Traders and navigators.  This works with the lore without feeling forced or imposed. Once they start changing lore to benefit notions of diversity and inclusion is where you piss people off (no, not just the "neckbeards") and start diluting the lore that is organic and "believable" and that has been developed over many decades at this point. It seems totally unnecessary and forced.

Bad for the entire IP in my view.
I agree.
Last post by al_infierno - Yesterday at 11:00:15 PM
Well I for one am glad that culture warriors like Critical Drinker are on the frontline defending us from the evils of... uh... women and black people in media, or something?