Main Menu

Slow website

Started by JudgeDredd, February 20, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

I've had some slowness issues at times the last 2-3 weeks.  But I always assumed it was something with either my PC and or internet connection causing it. 

What I usually saw was the first few seconds were slow/delayed display of what I was typing.  Then it would catchup and would be fine. 

I'm usually using edge on Win10. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

BTW, if you've completed you DB maintenance, then things are running very fast now. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on February 20, 2018, 10:17:22 AM
I'm usually using edge on Win10. 

That's your problem right there ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on February 20, 2018, 10:17:54 AM
BTW, if you've completed you DB maintenance, then things are running very fast now. 

Actually - still trying to get the backups downloaded, so it may be that the maintenance has squat to do with it :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 20, 2018, 10:41:30 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on February 20, 2018, 10:17:54 AM

Actually - still trying to get the backups downloaded, so it may be that the maintenance has squat to do with it :)

You should have just taken credit for it. That's IT 101.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

OK, maintenance tasks are all run.

Lemme know if there's any improvement.

It might not hurt for y'all to dump your caches on your end, either
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on February 20, 2018, 10:50:28 AM
You should have just taken credit for it. That's IT 101.

I'll take your word for that, since you're our IT guy ;D

Gusington

IT 102 teaches not to believe anything the IT guy says.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Whenever I go into Reply mode, Chrome starts jittering between using 5-10% CPU. I don't know if that's linked to the speed - but it seems odd.

Though maybe not - maybe that's just the emoticons

This post has been absolutely fine. When I was replying in the Religion/politics forum, it was really bad.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

So I was posting in the R&P forum in Chrome and it was terribly slow. Sometimes typing half a dozen words before they actually showed.

Using IE, I had no issues.

This thread now seems to be OK (in Chrome)
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 20, 2018, 10:50:58 AM
It might not hurt for y'all to dump your caches on your end, either

Oh, so now you're blaming our dietary fiber intake?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

I've had the same issues as JD.  Having them now as a matter of fact.  I've also had the emojis show up at the bottom of the last slot in a poll, obscuring the choices for votes, time run, and whether or not to see the votes.  Thought it was just my machine.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob