Age of Wonders III MP Party

Started by MetalDog, January 03, 2015, 02:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

^Although I haven't played AoW anywhere as much as Warlock 1 and 2, I think you are right about that.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

The strat map in AoW:SM could be played in simultaneous real-time between players, and I thought I saw that as an option when piddling with the tutorial in AoW3, too.

So that's one advantage in its favor of many other MP games.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Yes.  Your turns are simultaneous.  However, if one person enters a tactical battle, the other player(s) are locked out of doing anything until the battle is over.  And it may be as 'geek said earlier, you may have to watch the battle if it occurs in an area that you can see.  Not sure if that is true, but, it seems plausible.  I haven't delved in to all the nuts and bolts options available yet, so, there may be a way around being locked up during someone elses battle, but I doubt it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Got in a session with W8taminute tonight.  Played for a couple of hours.  Started the session with 6 cities, now I have ten.  And a Settler on the way for an eleventh.  I have Orc, Draconian, Elf, Human and Giant cities.  I am a High Elf Sorcerer.  That's a lot different than a Draconian Warlord.  I keep wondering where the hell my gold and my ass kickers are!  Getting things moving now though.  The Giants are going to be SUPER handy.  And I dropped a couple of Eldritch Horrors on the board, too.  One is already Elite :)

W8taminute

In terms of cities I've right behind MD with 7, one of which is a Dwarf city.  My other cities are all human.  Purge the xenos! 

I don't have any beastly units of the kind that MD has but I've assembled a few strike groups which are capturing some AI cities right now.  I should be at MDs border soon.  We'll see what happens next.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on January 07, 2015, 10:50:17 PM
Got in a session with W8taminute tonight.  Played for a couple of hours.  Started the session with 6 cities, now I have ten.  And a Settler on the way for an eleventh.  I have Orc, Draconian, Elf, Human and Giant cities.  I am a High Elf Sorcerer.  That's a lot different than a Draconian Warlord.  I keep wondering where the hell my gold and my ass kickers are!  Getting things moving now though.  The Giants are going to be SUPER handy.  And I dropped a couple of Eldritch Horrors on the board, too.  One is already Elite :)

Giants are excellent troops to have.  As long as the game doesn't get a supply model in the future that forces you to keep them fed.  :)

MetalDog

Giants, I am told, like to eat human meat.  Guess we'll find out ;)

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on January 08, 2015, 11:51:37 PM
Giants, I am told, like to eat human meat.  Guess we'll find out ;)

My Fire and Hill Giants eat through just about anything.  Including fortress gates.   ^-^

BanzaiCat

This thread has taken a disturbing turn into euphemisms for dirty talk.

Martok

Sigh.  Yet another game I haven't spent enough time with. 

AoW3...FE:LH...WoM...it's a good time to be a fantasy 4x gamer! 

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 09, 2015, 11:57:27 AM
This thread has taken the usual turn into euphemisms for dirty talk.
FTFY  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 09, 2015, 11:57:27 AM
This thread has taken a disturbing turn into euphemisms for dirty talk.

I didn't say those fortress gates were hairy, although sometimes they can be.

MetalDog

You'll have to excuse B_C.  He took a nasty knock to the head and his filter is slightly askew.  EVERYTHING is a dirty euphemism to him now.

BanzaiCat

No, there's no excuse for me. Besides, disturbing is perfectly acceptable.

Plus, adding  ^-^  to pretty much anything makes it dirty.

W8taminute

That's funny.  The first thought that popped into my head about Giants eating human meat was an image of bolter fire tearing through carapace armour and meat ala any of the WH40K Horus Heresy series.  Those books tend to be quite descriptive of the effects of Space Marine weapons on human or xenos bodies. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

An hour with W8 tonight.  Preparing the last bit of expansion before I come up against hard borders.  It'll top me out at 14 cities.  A good mix of races and magic.  And some surprises for my enemies.